Monday, October 11, 2010

001.

things haven't been going so great for me lately. 2010, in general, has seemed to have a hidden agenda of socking me in the gut whenever possible. luckily for me, i am one of those annoying optimists that continues to believe that the sun will, in fact, come out tomorrow. bet your bottom dollar and everything. so last night i found myself making a list of things that make me happy. i'll continue to add to it, but for now, here's what i thought up. some of them are kind of twee, but a little bit of twee never hurt anyone, really.

-- homestyle dinners consisting of comfort food, eaten outside in the summer, lit by candlelight.
-- the sound of music, both the movie and the soundtrack.
-- watching roman holiday while painting my nails.
-- taking a bath while listening to the breakfast at tiffany's soundtrack.
-- baking bread.
-- reading the blue castle in winter under a blanket with a cup of tea. bonus points for snow, or a fire in the fireplace i don't currently have.
-- spending a rainy afternoon at a coffeehouse, pretending to be a hipster.
-- curling the crap out of my hair and then putting it into pigtails.
-- knee socks and sixties girl bands.
-- trying on dresses.
-- golden girls and cheesecake!

and that's all for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment